Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Where are the Conscious Singles?


On the last evening of a class I was teaching at the local community college, one of my Relationship Success Training students lamented "there are only 6 of us who have taken this course! How are we going to find another conscious person out there who knows what we know?"

I totally understood what he was saying – it's something many of my single clients have lamented over the years.

Let me tell you – there ARE single men and women out there who do know who they are and what they want in a relationship. They are conscious and they are being the choosers in their dating experiences.

I met one recently. He is a childhood friend and we had dinner together a short while ago. I wondered beforehand what our conversation would be like. As teenagers, neither of us were very conscious about relationships. That was over 30 years ago. Would he be different? I was certainly ready to use this opportunity to "test my requirements" in a fun way. But was he?
To my surprise, he was! Here is a man who never received relationship coaching. He didn't take any relationship success training – he was conscious from his past experiences. He knew exactly what he was looking for in a relationship – he had his values prioritized and he knew what experiences he needed to have in a relationship in order for it to work. Our conversation that evening was fun, funny, deep, engrossing and easy.

We both discovered in a few short hours that neither of us fulfilled the other's requirements and that was okay. We will continue to be friends and keep each other in mind should we meet someone who might fulfill those requirements for the other.

So to my student from several years ago, yes, there are conscious singles out there. And I think the more you do the work, the more attractive you will be to those singles. It's the Law of Attraction in perfect action. When you are conscious, you will not attract an unconscious single. When you are conscious, you will ooze that vibrant "I know what I want" confidence and only another conscious person in alignment with that energy will appear. It will absolutely happen. I realized this after my friend and I shared a meal. He would not have been attracted to ask me out had I not issued that energy. And I would not have been attracted to say yes had he not been issuing that energy either.

When you are conscious and aware, The Law of Attraction will not allow you to be in the space of an unconscious person. It's that simple.

To take a simple Relationship Readiness Assessment, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment