Monday, August 14, 2006

Get Up and Dance!

I've been cleaning out closets all day today and when I started I knew I needed some additional motivation so I turned on a local dance music station.  Wow - does that really rev me up!  In between going through boxes and getting bags of donations ready for the Good Shepherd Thrift Store I simply had to let loose and dance around the living room.  What fun!

Dancing is such good medicine - it can perk you up, relieve stress, get you going, change your mood from a sour one to a happy one, it burns calories and it's FUN, FUN FUN!  When the Sister Sledge 1979 hit tune "We Are Family" was played, I had to laugh as I danced remembering the scene from "The Bird Cage" with Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman and Diane Wiest - what a great movie!  I encourage everyone to take some time every day to dance (and sing!)  And don't worry about how you look or sound...

As a popular Irish proverb goes:
Sing as if no one is listening,
Dance as if no one is watching...

Let loose - dance and sing and have FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment