Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wash Your Hands, Boost Your Self-Esteem


I just read an article in the September 2006 Body and Soul Magazine that says for really clean hands, soap up for as long as it takes to hum "Happy Birthday".    How cool is that?  I prefer singing it, actually - and I sing it to myself every time I wash up - even though obviously every day is not my birthday.  Who cares!

What a booster that is - always puts a smile on my face.  Try it!  You'll find that you have really clean hands and it just may put a smile on your face, which can be very contagious as you make your way out and about (see Putting Your Best Face Forward).  And with winter pretty much around the corner (ok, at this point it's pretty far down the block, but it's good to prepare) you'll be setting a habit in place that will help you stay healthier when colds and the flu start making their rounds.

Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me...!

No comments:

Post a Comment