Monday, August 28, 2006

Prospect Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast


I recently had the good fortune to spend the night at the Prospect Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast in local Alburtis, PA.  What a treat that was!

I won this great night by being the high-bidder of our local PBS auction and was planning to use it as a treat to myself and my generous friend Carol who is always doing nice things for me.  Unfortunately we couldn't synchronize our calendars to make it happen.  Then I thought I would give the voucher to my Dad but he didn't have time to use it either.

So 4 days before the voucher expired, I headed out by myself for a lovely stay at Prospect Hill Farm...

The Innkeeper, Jane Arndt, met me at the door.  After showing me to my beautifully appointed room (The Posey Patch) Jane offered me a glass of red wine and a delightful crabmeat spread on wheat crackers - yummy!  We sat together in the cozy living room swapping stories and enjoying the lovely June evening.  Her husband, Aurel, arrived home and I repaired to my room to take a long hot soak in my private bath.  This is always such a treat for me since I only have a shower in my apartment.

After my bath, I sat in the living room with their dogs and read until sleep beckoned.  The bed was so comfortable, the windows were open and a lovely breeze drifted in all night long.  It was during a really rainy period here and I was lulled to sleep by the sound of the rain falling outside and the leaves rustling in the breeze.  Listening to the rain is one of my favorite things to do.

Feeling totally rested in the morning, I was treated to one of the finest breakfasts I've ever had: fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit compote with a lovely vanilla sauce, a luscious vegetable omelet, wheat toast, fresh blueberry muffins and a pot of freshly brewed coffee.  Delightful!  Jane sat with me while I feasted and we shared more stories.  It was such a refreshing experience and I do plan to return very soon! 

Question:  What can you do today to treat yourself?  You may not be able to spend the night at a bed and breakfast - it could be something as simple as buying yourself some flowers, or taking a hot bath, or going to bed early to read a good book.  Treating ourselves well is a great habit to build.

If you are ever in the Lehigh Valley and would like a great bed and breakfast experience, I highly recommend the Prospect Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment