Thursday, August 17, 2006

Get a Theme Song...


I'll admit it - I'm a TV and movie-head - I just love both the small and the big screens!

One of my favorite TV Shows from 1997 to 2002 was Ally McBeal - created by David E. Kelley.  Ally's boss, John Cage (played by Peter MacNicol) encourages Ally to see his therapist, Dr. Tracy Clark, played delightfully by Tracey Ullman.  One of Dr. Clark's "things" is having her patients decide upon a theme song. 

John theme song is "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" by the late, great Barry White.  The purpose of the theme song is to build confidence and it usually included a cute dance routine.  Whenever John had a date coming up or a tough case to face, he would stand in front of a mirror and play the song in his head - the visuals were wonderful!

Ally (Calista Flockhart) struggled with defining her theme song - but I have to admit, John was right on with his.  Barry White's song is definitely a great one (and my new dance music station I mentioned recently plays it regularly - yay!)

So what would your theme song be?  Pick one that you love - one that instills inspiration and confidence - one that makes you get up off the couch and dance and sing - one that makes you feel good and groovy...

Oops, speaking of Barry White, they're playing my song now!  Gotta go and get my mojo moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment