Monday, August 31, 2009

A Healing Crisis Day



Every so often I have a day where I just feel like crap.  Sometimes it's physical and emotional, sometimes it's emotional and spiritual, others it's all three.  I simply can't get out of bed in the morning, I mope around the house, I feel restless, can't get my butt out the door and could eat everything in sight.  I had a day like that yesterday...

It was a healing crisis day for me.  I've learned over the years to go with that flow and just be.  If I lay on the bed, I do so with all the laying on the bed gusto I can muster.  If I'm going to eat food that's not on my diet, I eat sparingly and make sure I savor every morsel, as much as a person in my state of mind can savor anything.  If I'm going to mope, it's going to be a darn good one.  I want to have as conscious a healing crisis as I can without trying to over-analyze it, deny any of it, or fight it.

As I pout and sit idly by, I take time to think about what's going on - what led up to this day - what initiated these "L" feelings - lost, listless and lethargic.  It's usually something that I'm learning to deal with in a new way or I'm pushing through an evolutionary process on some level and I just have to let it take its course.  I know the feelings won't last very long (if they did, I would definitely see my doc - it could be something serious) so I just stay with it as best I can, do a lot of deep breathing, and see what I can learn from it on as deep a level as possible. 

The next day I feel much better, clearer, more open and, sometimes, a little wiser.   And today I do feel much better and quite a bit wiser.  So I am grateful for days like yesterday even though when I'm in the soup, it's not a very fun place to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment